What’s Going On with Blockchain in Healthcare?
Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
On this interview from our HIMSS19 Highlights Rahul Sharma (@RS_HSBlox) and Lynn Carroll (@LynnHSBlox), from HSBlox discuss blockchain and its uses, and the presentation they gave at HIMSS on Bundled Payments with Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
CarynHealth Selects HSBlox’s Blockchain-Powered Suite of Solutions to Give 28 Million Small Businesses the Buying Power of Big Corporations in HealthCare Benefits
CarynHealth, the small business association health plan brand of Association Health Plans of America, LLC, announced that it has selected HSBSuite™ from HSBlox (@HS_Blox) to power its “association in the box”, the next-generation approach to the small employer healthcare marketplace. AHPA was formed to meet the breakthrough opportunity provided by the Association Health Plan regulation recently put forth by the U.S. Department of Labor allowing small businesses to group together for health benefits.
Newsweek Honors SimplyVital Health, Bitlumens, Chronicled, Prescrypto & Grassroots Economics With First-Ever Blockchain Impact Awards
Newsweek announced the recipients of its first-ever Blockchain Impact Awards, which recognize entrepreneurs and enterprises that are developing blockchain applications to accomplish a social good. The winners of this year’s awards are SimplyVital Health (@SimplyVitalHQ), Bitlumens, Chronicled, Prescrypto and Grassroots Economics.
Cigna And Sentara Healthcare Join IBM’s Blockchain Health Utility Network To Improve Data Sharing – At its core, blockchain technology is about strengthening trust in data. This can be especially valuable for businesses, as a blockchain network can serve as a digital record system that creates new ways to share and secure information. Moreover, the ability to do this in real time, while maintaining permissioned access, data ownership and governance across many disparate parties, is what makes this technology so transformative for a number of industries.
— Telhealth&MedToday (@THMToday) February 3, 2019
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Pixel Privacy – What Is The Blockchain? – The word blockchain is on everyone’s lips right now. Although you might not really understand what “blockchain” means, chances are you’ve heard people talk about it (a lot). Some people believe it will change our world for the better, and it will replace the banks that we currently know – or similar extravagant things. Although the blockchain came to the general public’s attention when the crypto market absolutely exploded, the majority of the people still don’t understand how it works, what it’s used for or what all the fuss is about.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
Who To Follow