What’s Going On with Blockchain in Healthcare?
Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate (@jimtate). Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Ed Bukstel (@ebukstel) the CEO of Clinical Blockchain. Ed’s views are based on his deep knowledge and experience in healthcare and technology. He continues to challenge existing sacred cows with his writing on topics such as “Blockchain Tokens are Dead In Healthcare”.
News and Noted
Q² Solutions, HSBlox and R3 announce successful Proof-of-Concept of blockchain-based solution for tracking of Human Biological Samples in Clinical Research
Q2 Solutions, a global clinical trial laboratory services organization that helps customers achieve better clinical trial outcomes, conducted a sample tracking proof-of-concept (POC) using distributed ledger technology (DLT, aka blockchain) in partnership with HSBlox, Inc (@blox_hs). The goal of the POC was to explore real-time tracking of human biological samples in clinical trials. The POC simulated collection, transportation, test result generation, and storage of the sample.
Arizona Care Network Partners with Solve.Care, Pharmaceutical Leader Boehringer Ingelheim To Launch Diabetes Patient Care Network
Arizona Care Network (@azcarenetwork), a physician-led accountable care organization, will make their Care.Wallet available to more than 25,000 people with diabetes in Maricopa and Pinal counties. The new mobile application will arm patients with information, along with a host of resources to help them manage the chronic disease and its associated risks. This Diabetes Care Administration Network was produced in collaboration with Solve.Care (@Solve_Care), a global healthcare platform that uses blockchain technology for the administration, coordination and payments of healthcare benefits, and Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an international pharmaceutical leader.
What Could Blockchain Technologies Mean for the Medical Device Industry? – There has been a great deal of interest in identifying how blockchain technologies could reduce cost and improve efficiency across various industries. This is particularly true in the medical device industry, where blockchain and distributed ledger technology may be able to enhance trust, collaboration, traceability, and auditability across the industry’s value chain. Blockchain technologies offer the potential to transform critical medical device processes in development, commercial operations, and supply chain and product lifecycle documentation.
Blockchain In Healthcare: How It Could Make Digital Healthcare Safer And More Innovative – Digital healthcare trends are largely driven by the need for better patient care, faster and more accurate analysis, and on-demand access to medical data. The pace of innovation in digital healthcare began gaining momentum with artificial intelligence (AI), and it is set to further accelerate as the industry turns to blockchain technology.
Converge2Xcelerate 2019 Conference
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) July 3, 2019
Last chance to grab your early bird ticket and save up to $500 on your ticket for the North America #blockchainexpo 13-14 November.
— Blockchain Expo (@Blockchain_Expo) July 18, 2019
The BlockChain Event
The 5th Annual #BlockchainEvent will highlight case studies from industries of all types, #Sports, #SocialMedia #Finance #Marketing #Healthcare & more. Register today for 20% off early bird rates. https://t.co/Se9zBwdejA#Blockchain #SmartContracts #TECHSUPERSHOW pic.twitter.com/IACU0f81Vt
— The Blockchain Event (@BlockchainEvent) July 19, 2019
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Pixel Privacy – What Is The Blockchain? – The word blockchain is on everyone’s lips right now. Although you might not really understand what “blockchain” means, chances are you’ve heard people talk about it (a lot). Some people believe it will change our world for the better, and it will replace the banks that we currently know – or similar extravagant things. Although the blockchain came to the general public’s attention when the crypto market absolutely exploded, the majority of the people still don’t understand how it works, what it’s used for or what all the fuss is about.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
- Toshi Times -Global cryptofinance news outlet covering Bitcoin, Ethereum, altcoins and the entire blockchain space.
Who To Follow