What’s Going On with Blockchain in Healthcare?
Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate (@jimtate). Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Ron Wince, Founder and CEO of Myndshft (@Myndshft). Myndshft is focused on solving healthcare pain points with process automation, artificial intelligence, and blockchain technologies.
News and Noted
Use your heart to guide this one…Unity Farm Sanctuary Needs Mobile Cow Hospital https://t.co/UuloEz7He7
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) June 25, 2019
Q² Solutions, HSBlox and R3 announce successful Proof-of-Concept of blockchain-based solution for tracking of Human Biological Samples in Clinical Research
Q2 Solutions, a global clinical trial laboratory services organization that helps customers achieve better clinical trial outcomes, conducted a sample tracking proof-of-concept (POC) using distributed ledger technology (DLT, aka “blockchain”) in partnership with HSBlox, Inc. (@blox_hs). The goal of the POC was to explore real-time tracking of human biological samples in clinical trials. The POC simulated collection, transportation, test result generation, and storage of the sample.
ScriptAssist Holdings Launches First Prescription Management Platform Built in Blockchain
ScriptAssist Holdings, Inc., a pharmacy technology company, announces the launch of its first-to-market prescription management platform built in blockchain through its wholly-owned subsidiary, ScriptAssist Pharmacy (SAPh).
— Hyperledger (@Hyperledger) June 21, 2019
— Jim Tate (@jimtate) June 19, 2019
HIMSS – Blockchain Reality: Perspectives from the Frontlines of Healthcare – TODAY!
— HIMSS (@HIMSS) June 19, 2019
Cryptolina 2019 – The Conference for Blockchain Adoption
It’s Official! Be a part of The Conference for #Blockchain Adoption this Fall! Join us in bringing together the tech & non-tech communities to advance blockchain and #cryptocurrency and #MakeTheFutureComeSooner! Register to sponsor, speak, or attend at https://t.co/d1TlVFBpF1 pic.twitter.com/ELKqyLVWvI
— Cryptolina (@Cryptolina) May 9, 2019
Converge2Xcelerate 2019 Conference
— Blockchain HC Today (@BHTYJournal) June 10, 2019
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Pixel Privacy – What Is The Blockchain? – The word blockchain is on everyone’s lips right now. Although you might not really understand what “blockchain” means, chances are you’ve heard people talk about it (a lot). Some people believe it will change our world for the better, and it will replace the banks that we currently know – or similar extravagant things. Although the blockchain came to the general public’s attention when the crypto market absolutely exploded, the majority of the people still don’t understand how it works, what it’s used for or what all the fuss is about.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
- Toshi Times -Global cryptofinance news outlet covering Bitcoin, Ethereum, altcoins and the entire blockchain space.
Who To Follow