What’s Going On with Blockchain in Healthcare?
Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
Blockchain at HIMSS19
This year if your are attending HIMSS19, look for several ways to learn more and experience blockchain in healthcare.
Wednesday, February 13
Unlocking Healthcare Data: The Evolution and Ramifications of Blockchain
Session id: 92 – 8:30AM – 9:30AM EST
Presenter – Jim Tate and Chrissa McFarlane
Blockchain Privacy, Security, Compliance and Regulation
Session id: 109 10:00AM – 11:00AM EST
Improving Provider Data Accuracy with Blockchain
Session id: 126 -11:30AM – 12:30PM EST
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate. Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Dr. Robert Laidlaw (@block_chain_bob), a neurosurgeon from Australia who is the and Founder & Executive Director of Secure Health Chain.
The 10 Most Funded Blockchain Health Tech Companies – The fact that some companies have raised millions doesn’t necessarily mean their products will be adopted by major healthcare players. Nonetheless, it is an important sign for the entire “blockchain in healthcare” sector as it’s striving to find its place on the market and eventually bring benefits of decentralized computing to the wider audience.
What Blockchain Can’t Do – Blockchain technology has the potential to do amazing things. It can provide an immutable, digital audit trail of transactions, and can be used to cheaply verify the integrity of data. It can help businesses and individuals agree, on a global scale, about the true state of affairs within a market without relying on a costly intermediary.
Blockchain Expo Highlights
Thank you all for attending the @Blockchain_Expo in Santa Clara last week! We hope you found the expo insightful. View the highlights here: https://t.co/jsAk3E2Kkn #BlockchainExpo pic.twitter.com/nvplblPzlZ
— Blockchain Expo (@Blockchain_Expo) December 4, 2018
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
Who To Follow