What’s Going On with Blockchain in Healthcare?
Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate (@jimtate). Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain in healthcare. In this episode, Jim’s guest is Ray Dogum, the founder of Health Unchained as well as a Project Lead at American Well. Ray conducts interview available for streaming or downloading with healthcare leaders, executives, entrepreneurs, researchers, and medical professionals who are working on projects enabled by blockchain technology.
Check out this blog post to know what Blockchain has in store for those immersed in the Healthcare Industry. https://t.co/s7BR81cVZw#blockchainsolutions #blockchaininhealthcare#blockchainapplicationdevelopment #blockchaindevelopmentCanada #blockchainhyperledger #USA #CANADA #UK pic.twitter.com/ll069AiWQC
— Debut Infotech (@debutinfotech) May 23, 2019
— Cyber Infrastructure, “CIS” (@cisin) May 16, 2019
— Collingwood Healthcare (@CW_Medical) May 14, 2019
HIMSS – Blockchain Reality: Perspectives from the Frontlines of Healthcare
— Jim Tate (@jimtate) May 22, 2019
Cryptolina 2019 – The Conference for Blockchain Adoption
It’s Official! Be a part of The Conference for #Blockchain Adoption this Fall! Join us in bringing together the tech & non-tech communities to advance blockchain and #cryptocurrency and #MakeTheFutureComeSooner! Register to sponsor, speak, or attend at https://t.co/d1TlVFBpF1 pic.twitter.com/ELKqyLVWvI
— Cryptolina (@Cryptolina) May 9, 2019
Converge2Xcelerate 2019 Conference
— Telhealth&MedToday (@THMToday) May 19, 2019
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Pixel Privacy – What Is The Blockchain? – The word blockchain is on everyone’s lips right now. Although you might not really understand what “blockchain” means, chances are you’ve heard people talk about it (a lot). Some people believe it will change our world for the better, and it will replace the banks that we currently know – or similar extravagant things. Although the blockchain came to the general public’s attention when the crypto market absolutely exploded, the majority of the people still don’t understand how it works, what it’s used for or what all the fuss is about.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Blockchain Healthcare Review – Known for being a trusted resource, digital health adopters flock to their community to connect with free market healthcare delivery applications.
- Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector.
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their intro article.
- Toshi Times -Global cryptofinance news outlet covering Bitcoin, Ethereum, altcoins and the entire blockchain space.
Who To Follow