Driving The Charge To HIT Interoperability
Healthcare leaders outline what remains to achieve data interoperability
Discussion, multi-sector recommendations, information on recent advances to be webcast from HIMSS 2019 Conference
Ten years after the federal government’s massive investment in health information technology (HIT) via the 2009 stimulus package, experts from across the healthcare spectrum will identify progress made and where gaps remain at a special event during the HIMSS 2019 conference.
The discussion will focus on what providers, manufacturers, payers, government and patients must do to enable a patient’s electronic health information to be seamlessly accessed across different settings. They will discuss how success in this effort will elevate healthcare quality, cost-efficiency and safety.
The Healthcare Leadership Council (HLC) (@HealthInFocus) and Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) (@BPC_Bipartisan) will release recommendations that chart a path forward. The recommendations were developed by a multi-stakeholder group convened by HLC and BPC.
- Moderator: Tom Daschle —former Senate Democratic Leader; Bipartisan Policy Center Co-founder
- AdventHealth – Terry Shaw, President and CEO
- American Academy of Family Physicians – R. Shawn Martin, Senior Vice President
- American College of Physicians – Darilyn Moyer, M.D., Executive Vice President and CEO
- Cerner —Brent Shafer, Chairman and CEO
- Change Healthcare —Neil de Crescenzo, President and CEO
- Healthcare Leadership Council —Mary Grealy, President
- Hearst Health —Jeff Rose, M.D., Senior Vice President
- Leidos —Jonathan Scholl, President, Health Group
- ONC (Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT) — Don Rucker, MD, National Coordinator
- Surescripts —Tom Skelton, CEO
Thursday, Feb. 14th — 10:00 a.m. to Noon
HIMSS 2019 Conference—Orlando, Florida
To attend or watch online:
Respond to Andrew Silva at asilva@MessagePartnersPR.com and note whether you will attend in person at the 2019 HIMSS conference or if you will watch the webcast. Details will be provided to you.
About the Healthcare Leadership Council (HLC)
The Healthcare Leadership Council (HLC), a coalition of chief executives from all disciplines within American healthcare, is the exclusive forum for the nation’s healthcare leaders to jointly develop policies, plans, and programs to achieve their vision of a 21st century system that makes affordable, high-quality care accessible to all Americans.