What’s Going On with Blockchain in Healthcare?
Keeping up with technologies that are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Can a continuously growing chain of blocks using cryptography have applications in healthcare? Once written as two words, block chain, now is known as blockchain. But what is it? Why is everyone talking about it? And how can it help healthcare? Stay tuned as we search for answers and report regularly as this technology integrates itself into healthcare. Read more of our posts on Blockchain.
Follow the hashtag: #BlockchainInHealthcare
Block Show Americas 2018
When: August 20 -21
Where: The Venetian, Las Vegas NV
Learn more about this event.
The event is powered by Cointelegraph, an independent blockchain media and special events’ organizer.
News & Resources
TimiCoin/TimiHealth Activates CMS Blue Button 2.0 to Empower Medicare Beneficiaries to Upload their Medicare Claims History into its Secure Blockchain Platform
Timicoin/TimiHealth (@timicoin) announced integration of the CMS Blue Button 2.0 into the TimiHealth ecosystem, thereby enabling Medicare beneficiaries to easily upload and integrate their Medicare claims history into a secure blockchain platform.
MTBC Takes Electronic Health Records to the Next Level with Blockchain Technology
MTBC (@MTBC_UniqHIT), a provider of proprietary, cloud-based healthcare IT solutions and services, announced the release of new blockchain technology integrated with the company’s EHR platform to securely store patient medical history, eliminate interoperability issues that have plagued the digitization of healthcare for years, and give patients’ absolute control over who has access to their valuable health data. This makes MTBC one of the first within the healthcare industry to incorporate blockchain technology.
Blockchain-powered telemedicine application debuts in U.K.
A pilot program in the U.K. is testing MyClinic.com, a telemedicine application that allows patients to schedule video consultations with doctors and pay for services with cryptocurrency.
Don’t know where to start in implementing a blockchain for healthcare use? Here are some easy tips: https://t.co/xhJ2G5rqiT $PTOY #BlockchainInHealthcare #FutureofHealthcare pic.twitter.com/ISjFN0uF3U
— Patientory Stiftung (@ptoy_network) July 23, 2018
US health care companies begin exploring blockchain technologies
The sprawling U.S. health care industry has trouble managing patient information: Every doctor, medical office, hospital, pharmacy, therapist and insurance company needs different pieces of data to properly care for patients. These records are scattered all over on each business’s computers – and some no doubt in filing cabinets too. They’re not all kept up to date with current information, as a person’s prescriptions change or new X-rays are taken, and they’re not easily shared from one provider to another. Read the article.
The Tate Chronicles
Tune in to HealthcareNOW Radio, weekdays at 11:30am ET, The Tate Chronicles with host Jim Tate. Jim is on the search for disruptive technologies that will change healthcare. His first series of episodes will focus on blockchain. This episode features Dr. Gordon Jones, Co-founder, President & COO of Universal Health Coin.
Blockchain and Healthcare: The Coming Disruption
Blockchain technology is a foundational disruptive electronic force that came to fruition and was birthed during the global economic crisis of 2008/2009. Blockchain’s first breath was taken on January 3, 2009 with the generation of the aptly named Genesis Block.
Download this eBook on who, what, and how blockchain is impacting healthcare today.
- Ted Talk –How the blockchain is changing money and business, Don Tapscott. Don Tapscott is here to help, demystifying this world-changing, trust-building technology which, he says, represents nothing less than the second generation of the internet and holds the potential to transform money, business, government and society.
- From the Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, by Alexander W. Peters, MD, Brian M. Till, John G. Meara, MD, DMD, MBA, FACS and Salim Afshar, MD, DMD, FACS, Blockchain technology in health care: A primer for surgeons.
Who We Read
- Founded in 2015, Blockchain News has the goal of educating and informing those curious about Blockchain.
- From the Blockchain Unleashed: IBM Blockchain Blog, the Blockchain in Healthcare category.
- Investing News: Blockchain – BIS Research estimates the global blockchain healthcare market will reach $5.61 billion by 2025. A good reason to know who the players are. Here is their into article.